1.04.2012

Organizing.

Each year after Christmas, I love how the stores put out stacks of storage containers. Every January it puts me in the mood to re-organize and de-clutter. I am also a serial furniture/room re-arranger. I even like to completely switch rooms in the house.  Last year we moved our bedroom to the front room of our house. (The room that is meant to be more of a porch/sunroom than a bedroom. And has no baseboard heating. No heating, at all actually. And we FROZE our butts off.) This year, I think we will make more thought-out decisions:).

 I am trying to get my drawing/craft area totally organized and re-done. Might even move it to another room completely. I have been browsing Pinterest for inspiration. I tend to gravitate to white/beige/cream wall colors. As much as I've tried to be that colorful wall person, at my core I'm pretty boring when it comes to paint. I really like pops of color, though. Pink, red, turquoise are some of my favorites! A couple days ago I purchased a bunch of storage containers for my art/craft supplies...but I'm still trying to think of some fun, unique ways to store my extra supplies.

 Oh, and I promised Phil a "Man" area somewhere in the house...so thinking of ideas for there, too:). One of our rooms would be perfect to add a big cushy reading chair in the corner and a nice electric fireplace. (Phil asked for a bunch of bookshelves, too. He is a huge, huge reader.) Here are some of my favorites from Pinterest tonight.

krista smith art
krista smith art

krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art
krista smith art

We have a funny house. It is an A-frame. It's basically a triangle with two small additions. In one of our addition rooms, there is a funky space up in the wall being hid by ugly mirror doors. I'm pretty sure we could convert that to a nice little bed...Something to think about:) I love beds in the wall. And because of the weird shape of our home, we have a lot or wasted.weird.funky. spaces. Perfect for a project!

Oh.  And those curtains are my favorites ever!  From Urban Outftters.  Think I might have to work in some good old pink!

Have you got the organizing/rearranging/sorting out bug??

17 comments:

  1. *squee* I love love love those bunk beds inset into the wall with curtains! OMG!!! will have to pin this myself so I can remember when we are ready to build our own house. I would love to get organized. I hope you post pics when you get all settled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I am swooning over that second picture... that ceiling. Although, when I was 15 I was a guy's date to a party (as in a finger foods and we were supervised party) and they had a loft with a ceiling like that. I was chasing a cat around wanting cuddles and managed to run headfirst into it and knocked myself out. Yeah. I am smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Krista!
    We still have lots of boxes of books that I am wishing I had not moved so many with us this time! Hanging on to lots of old stuff!!!!
    So I have to tackle them soon, they are in the way! My/Our;) office/studio is due to be organized too. Just thinking for a bit though.
    I will let you know whats been happening in the kitchen next blog post! Its all happening.
    xo Sue
    Astrachic Studio
    Northern Territory, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saved a few of these photos for future inspriation. Loooove the curtains! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwww, can you please come over and visit me :) Wowww .... this looks really fabulous, love your beautiful place and your storaging !!!

    hugs Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Already started..if u go on my blog you will send I did the wild wall thing last year..Now I have started to purchase new furniture. I ordered two beautiful tables from Ikea and the legs are basket holders. The tops are glass with a neat pattern..Eventually I will be converting our spare room but for now I am in the den and I am not complaint because I have a huge space...Containers lets just say that baskets and I have a very special bond..already know the ones I want for my new tab..well good luck with your room your first pic was one I looked at last night very nice...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Krista, those photos are beautiful, if only I had the space,££,time - still one day perhaps. Will save a few ideas for the future.
    Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm on doing the same with my craft room hun its all going to get refitted I'm actually thinking of buying a cheap 2nd hand kitchn then either painting it orchanging the door.....depending what I go for. Love the top pic & the last pic I'm not a pink person I love girly things on my creations but otherwise the only pink I've ever had is in Natalie's room I didnt even have pink as a kid......huge tomboy type person lol. I love warm colours & a country type feeling to things, ya know kinda romantic lol....so they are the things I'm adding to my craft room I want it be be more homely & cosy instead of office/cluttered/mess look........you dont want to know the look it has at the mo.....think world war lol.

    Anyway hun I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment on the birth of my grand-daughter I am on cloud 9 I really am people keep asking me if I feel old now & OMG not at all I actually keep asking myself if I am old ENOUGH lol....at least I wont have to worry about dislocating a hip when I'm doing street dancing with her...yeah she is sooooo gonna be dancing with me lol. They have now decided to call her Payton-Lea (pronounced lee) which I think is cool & adds that unique-ness.........
    wow thats a long post well if you cant sleep read this & before you get to the end all you will be seeing is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

    MMwah lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey sweets!
    In google reader I was thinking that first shot actually WAS your studio.. and was gobsmacked! hah! I just posted about organising my studio too.. the 'new year' bug to make all things fresh hit me too.
    http://needleandnestdesign.blogspot.com/2012/01/studio-tour.html
    Happy plotting.planning.schemeing.dreaming!
    xo
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Love Love these.. Makes me want to do home renovations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YES! I get the organizing, rearranging bug a few times a year. You can guarantee I get it after Christmas, Spring time for spring cleaning, and then again in the Fall to get ready for back to school. I LOVE to clean out closets. This year I am excited to redo the kids bedroom and its a challenge because it is a small shared space. I will post pictures when I get started! BTW, I love beds in walls! My mom has that fireplace in her house which i keep asking her to give to me, and the way that craft room is organized instantly puts me in a good mood. glass storage jars on shelves, yes please! I have been saving glass jars lately. Love your Pinterest. I just joined yesterday.
    smallmombigcity.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel you. Every January, I start pulling out old Victoria magazines and going through them to find my next design project. I actually change my room with each season. I have it down to a simple science: reversible comforter, three throw pillows, three bed pillows, two curtains, a couple of paintings, and a lampshade. I just sew/recover those items, and I have a new room. lol I get bored so easily with decor. I can't wait until this weekend when I can get my organization on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooohhhh I'm in love with these pics, want a new house NOW!!
    gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I must admit your beds in the wall scenario is an interesting one. I hate re-organizing for I can never find my things - I must be a real creature of habit I think. I'm still getting used to my craft room after all the upheaval & there are still a few things left for me to find again - I've put them somewhere very safe indeed.
    It will be fascinating to see what you come up with.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow look at those craft room pics.i would love a craft room, i have mine in the corner of my living room but then again i love being surrounded by my family while i craft :D
    thanks for sharing krista :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, I'm the same way! I LOVE TO ORGANIZE <333

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love those curtains, too... and I would love to see pictures of your own home!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...